Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bad Moon Rising

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "Did she mean to reference CCR in the title of this post?"  (That's Creedence Clearwater Revival for those who have been living under a rock.)  And yes, yes I did.  If you don't know me well, it might surprise you to find out that I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. My iPod looks like it belongs to someone with multiple personalities.  The last 5 artists that have played are: George Jones, Luciano Pavarotti, Ke$sha, CCR, and Maroon 5.

Anyway, back to CCR. I don't know if you've ever actually listened to all the lyrics of "Bad Moon Rising," but if you haven't, check them out here.

Now, I don't know if John Fogerty realized it at the time, but he was writing the story of on-call veterinarians.  Because there is absolutely no good that can come from being on call during a full moon.  Particularly a full moon that falls on a weekend.  Make it holiday weekend and you've got the trifecta from hell.

I would love to go into details and give you some examples right now from just this weekend so far (and I've got some good ones), but my phone just rang again.  I'm sure it's another disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment