Monday, May 7, 2012

Beyond Help

6 p.m. Friday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this evening?
Client: I have a baby goat with scours and I've already treated him.
Dr. D: Good job.

3 p.m. Saturday
Dr. D.: Hello, what's going on this afternoon?
Client: My alpaca fell over and had a seizure!
Dr. D: Ok, I'll started heading your way, try to keep him from smacking his head on the ground.
Client: Well he's not doing it now... this happened around 9 a.m.
Dr. D: What's he doing now?
Client: Eating.
Dr. D: Call me back if he has another seizure.

9 p.m. Saturday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this evening?
Client: I have sick kittens.  They are sick and I need medicine.
Dr. D: You know I only work on large animals, right?

7 a.m. Sunday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this morning?
Client: I'm leaving for a show in less than an hour, and lost my Coggins, so I need you to fax me a copy, right now.
Dr. D:  Well, I will call the office [at my boss's house] and see if someone is there to fax you a copy, but I'm not sure if anyone is home.
Client: Then you'll just have to drive over there and fax it yourself, won't you?
Dr. D: I live 30 minutes from the office and I'm not even out of bed and showered yet.  I can guarantee it won't happen in less than an hour.

10 a.m. Saturday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this morning?
Client: I have a heifer having trouble calving.
Dr. D: Alright, I'm on my way, go ahead and get her caught up, preferably in a chute.
Client: I don't think that's possible, she's down out in the field.
Dr. D: Can't get up down?
Client: No, she gets up and runs away when you walk over to her.
Dr. D: I don't think it's possible for me to pull a calf without touching the cow.

11 a.m. Sunday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this morning?
Client: I think my horse's hoof is going to fall off.
Dr. D: What makes you think that?
Client: Because of the way it looks.  He's fine otherwise.
Dr. D: I think it's highly unlikely, but I can come take a look.
Client: But I'm not there, and I won't be back until Tuesday.
Dr. D: Call me on Tuesday.

6 p.m. Sunday
Dr. D: Hello, what's going on this evening?
Client: I have a calf with scours, and I've already treated him.
Dr. D: Good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment