Monday, February 20, 2012

Doctor, May I?

2 a.m.

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Doc, I've got a ewe in labor, one hind leg out since midnight and she's not making any progress.  <lots more talking, blah blah blah, I'm sooo not listening to the details, but then I hear something that makes me tune back in> I don't want you to come out, I just wanted to know if it was alright for me to go in and find the other leg."

What I want to say, "Dude... it's 2 o'clock in the morning and you've just told me that you decided to wake me up even though you don't want my help.  I honestly don't care if you want to pick her up and try to shake the lambs out."

What I actually say, "Yes, you should definitely go in and get that other hind leg.  Wash your hands, and use lots of lube. Get that leg extended behind and then pull the lamb.  I'm sure she would be glad for some help after struggling for 2 hours. Call back if you decide you need some help."

*Lights off. Back to sleep.*

No comments:

Post a Comment