Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Saturday Night Scene

Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:15pm
Thurmont, MD
Sheetz

I'm wearing mud-caked coveralls and muddy snow boots.  The clothes underneath my coveralls have been saturated and subsequently dried with at least 6 different types of bodily fluids today.  My nose stopped smelling myself hours ago in self-defense.

I'm standing at the computer screen contemplating dinner.  It needs to be something relatively healthy that isn't going to keep me up all night with heartburn.  No matter how badly I want a massive plate of nachos with all the toppings, it would just be a bad life decision.

In walks a large group of college-aged girls and they are all slutted up.  Short skirts, high-heels, and pounds of makeup. 

I'm so jealous.  I remember makeup.  And fun shoes.  And cute clothes.  And crazy nights with friends.

I trudge out towards the truck with my turkey and cheese sandwich.  The highlight of my evening is going to be making it to bed before midnight. 

I need a good night's sleep.  There is an antelope with a broken leg arriving tomorrow morning. 

2 comments: